Tuesday, 24 January 2017 16:37

Demolition Waste

Demolition Waste

  • The Elk County Municipal Waste Management Ordinance requires a permit for the demolition of any residential or seasonal dwelling regardless of size, and for any non-residential structure in excess of 500 square feet.
  • The county’s demolition permit is available through the recycling office. Municipalities may also have them on hand.
  • The permit must be obtained prior to demolition.
  • When the recycling/solid waste office receives the permit application, the solid waste enforcement officer will contact the property owner/contractor to set a day and time to meet at the site for an initial inspection. At this time the enforcement officer will either approve or disapprove the permit based on his findings.
  • The ordinance also requires the property owner provide the recycling office proof of proper disposal of the demolition waste. A typical example of proof of proper disposal is landfill weigh slips. The recycling office must receive these within five business days of project completion.
  • Cost for the permit is $25 for residential, out buildings, camps and cabins. Permit fee for commercial and industrial structures is $150.
  • Click HERE to apply for a permit to demolish and remove demolition waste.
  • Demolition permit instructions.
  • Demolition waste management guidelines.
Read 7805 times Last modified on Wednesday, 10 May 2023 13:08
More in this category: « Business Recycling Information


Elk County Courthouse
250 Main Street
P.O. Box 448
Ridgway, PA 15853

Elk County Courthouse Annex
300 Center Street
P.O. Box 448
Ridgway, PA 15853