Wednesday, 18 May 2016 10:11

Death Certificates

Death Certificates may be obtained either through the Register and Recorder's Office at the Elk County Courthouse, or through the Pennsylvania Department of Health's Division of Vital Records. Knowing which agency to contact depends on the year of death:

1893 - 1906: are currently held at the Elk County Register and Recorder's Office
1906 - present: may be obtained through the Division of Vital Records

Certain duplication and postage fees may apply.  

Read 12233 times


Elk County Courthouse
250 Main Street
P.O. Box 448
Ridgway, PA 15853

Elk County Courthouse Annex
300 Center Street
P.O. Box 448
Ridgway, PA 15853